Saturday 18 June 2011

I'm off to Russia!

Well the dice has spoken.

My first cooking adventure is from Russia.

I sat down last night and pulled the following countries from my atlas:

  1. Morocco
  2. Egypt
  3. Russia
  4. India
  5. Cuba
  6. France
and with a roll of the dice number 3 came up.

So now the fun begins :-)

I am giving myself a week (and with your help) to track down traditional Russian recipes for a main and dessert.

Then i'll have a week to gather all the ingredients before serving up my Russin feast to my frist victims, oops i mean guests -my nephews who will be down for their school holidays.

So please feel free to post any recipes you come accross. This time next week i'll announce what will be on the menu :-)

Even if you can't find a recipe, but find some interesting facts about Russia put them up so we can all learn a little something as we travel.

For example:

Did you know Russia is the largest country in the world and constitutes one-seventh of the world’s landmass and spans eight time zones? This expansive area allows it to neighbor more countries than anywhere else on earth, as well as touch twenty-two bodies of water and hold twelve seas within its borders.

Имейте большую неделю каждый!  (Have a great week everyone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment